Thursday, November 19, 2009

Logan's ride in an....

AMBULANCE!!!!! So Tuesday at about 2:00 am Logan woke up with a slight fever and sounded a little croupy we gave him some medicine and we went back to sleep. The next morning he woke up an was feeling fine no fever still a little bit of a cough but was up and running around. So I decided that I would still go shopping with my mom as planned. So we went shopping and as we were buying the few things that we found Logan got really upset. I figured he probably was just get tired and hungry. So we finished up and headed to get some lunch. At lunch I ordered Logan's favorite, chicken and fries but he just picked at it. Then I felt his head and he had a fever again. So we finished lunch and headed home. On the way home I called the doctor and asked some questions wondering if maybe he had caught the stupid swine flu. He told me some things to do and I went home and put him to bed. That night we kept medicine in him to keep his fever down but he still didn't sleep much. The next morning he still had a little bit of a fever but was once again running around playing so I quickly took the boys to the store to get some groceries and came home and tried to get Logan to eat and take a nap. Neither happened. He just kept coming up to me and saying momma hurt!!! It was just heart breaking and then to listen to him breathing has sad to. I laid him down and turned on a show and tried to get somethings done around the house. Logan still wasn't doing well so I put the boys in the car and decided to drive around and see if I could get Logan to fall asleep. But while driving around I just kept feeling like I needed to get him to the doctor. So I called Paul sister and dropped the other boys off and headed to Instacare. I called Paul on the way and told him what was going on. I walked into Instacare and signed him in and was immediately take back by two nurse and before I even sat down had three more doctors and nurse there to help. He was immediately given some epinephrine to help open his airway. They told me that we were going to have to stay for 3 hours to watch and if it got worse again that they would have to send us to the hospital. Immediately he started getting better I asked the nurse if we could give him some medicine to help keep on top of his fever we tried giving him some and he just threw it up the nurse then took his tempature just to see who much we needed to make him have some medicine and it was 104.4. To the instantly got him some more then his breathing started to get worse again. Paul went and got the doctor and she came and listened and said that he needed to go to the hospital and that because it was respatory issues he had to go by ambulance. I was handling the news okay until two things happened the paramedics showed up and brought the stretcher and Logan said he wanted his daddy and that meant I was going to have to follow in the car. Along the way I got seperated from the ambulance and came running into the ER trying to find where they took Logan. I finally found him and felt a little better. After tons a medication and he breathing was getting better, his fever was coming down, but we were going to have to spend the night to make sure that his breathing didn't get worse again. So here I am at 4:00 am sitting in the hospital room updating my blog. Hopefully we get to go home soon.

4 comments:

Margo said...

Oh no I am so sorry to hear that!! Poor Logan I hope he will feel better soon. This must have been a horrible night for your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Veronica said...

Oh my gosh!! I think I would have gone hysterical if I saw my baby being taken away in an ambulance. I really hope he gets better fast and that life slows down a little for you. LOVE this time of year, huh!

Kristin said...

I am glad that he is ok. Little kids getting sick can be so scary. You never know what to do, are you the nervous mom who takes your kid to the Dr. every time they sneeze, or do you wait it out. It is so hard to tell. Good job!

The Hornes said...

Oh Jen I had no idea what was going on. Can I help now that it is almost a week out? I hope things are better now. :(