Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Parker's blessing


Parker was blessed on the 13th of September. And boy was that a projected to get ready for. It was somewhat nice because it forced me to get projects done around the house but it was a couple stressful weeks to get already!!! It went great and lots of people came. Some weren't able to be there and were missed.
I actually had a really neat experence in getting ready. I had the thought that I needed to do something in my house because my Grandma Norma would notice. Then I remember that she wouldn't be there since she pasted away almost 18 months ago. The night before the blessing I had the most vivid dream, it actually took me awhile after waking up to realize it didn't actually happen. I dreamt that my and Parker arrived at church early for his blessing while Paul stayed home and finished getting everyone ready. When I walking into the chapel there was my Grandma sitting on the back row with a black and white pleated skirt and her layers of costume jewelry necklaces and her "bling" all over her fingers. I said to her that I didn't think that she was going to be there. She then said, "I wouldn't miss this!!!" Then I continued to have a wonderful conversation with my Grandma the details I can't remember but walked away with the feeling that she had never left and was still with us. SO I KNOW THAT SHE WAS THERE WITH US AND WOULDN'T MISS THAT IMPORTANT DAY!!!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

This may sound weird, but I don't think that was "just" a dream. I've had so many experiences like that since Joseph died, and I've come to figure out that it's the Lord's mercy in letting me still comminucate with him.

I dream all the time that we are talking. Maybe it's because when we're in that state of conciousness, our spirits are very vulnerable and the veil is thin.

That experience may not have happened with your Grandma just as it did in the dream, but I'm thinking you really did have some sort of communication with her. Does that sound freaky?

When I dream about Jopseph, sometimes it is so real as if it really happened and I have to convince myself that it was just a dream. Who knows. SPOOKY! JK. Glad the blessing was good!